The Anchor Senfriendly center has incorporated Communication/ language, Personal, social & emotional development, Physical development within a safe space for children and young Adults with S.E.N.D. We have created various activities and trips to help with positive outcomes for each person. Creating a care plan to help each child maximize their full potentials. All done within an environment that understands S.E.N.D from a Parent and Professional perspective.
REQUEST FOR A BROCHURE
Join Our Team
Play Facilitators Vacancy
The Anchor SENDfriendly Centre (TAS) is a newly established specialist provision for children and young adults with disabilities. As we are opening our doors to welcome our users very soon and we are looking to recruit play facilitators to work at our out of school provisions which will also include Saturdays. The clubs will provide for children and young adults between the ages of 2 to post 16.
TAS governing body are seeking to employ energetic, highly committed, dynamic and professional individuals who are passionate about working with special needs children and young adults. You will join our dynamic and enthusiastic team in planning and organising activities at our Out of School provision. You will be part of a team of staff that are committed to providing a broad range of services to our community which will include an Out of School Club and holiday playscheme.
We are looking for excellent practitioners who are passionate about working with SEN children and their families and who can support our highly anticipated Extended Services provision at TAS.
We are looking for someone who
- Can help to plan a wide variety of exciting and creative activities to stimulate and support children and young adult’s intellectual, emotional, physical, social, language and play development
- Can listen to, encourage, enable and stimulate children and young adults with special needs
- Can build and maintain positive relationships with parents and carers
- Can build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and other professionals affiliated to TAS
- Has good organisation and administration skills
- Can ensure equality and promote inclusive practice
- Can contribute to and maintain the aspired high standards and our ethos at TAS.
We can offer you:
- a crucial part in further developing our exciting Extended Services provision
- a dedicated and professional staff team
- a well-resourced and attractive environment
- a strong commitment to continuous professional career development and equal opportunities
- a happy setting with strong support from its stakeholders
Potential facilitators should have an interest in child care, play or youth work or other relevant field (with a preference to working towards an appropriate level 2 qualification) whilst having a desire to make a positive difference and provide a high standard of care. Experience of working with disabled children is preferable but not essential.
Most offers of work will be morning and afternoon weekdays, afternoon weekends and school holidays. This post will be a fixed term contract in the first instance but with the possibility of becoming a permanent post.
Closing date for applications is Monday the 18th Jan. - 28th Feb. 2021.
The Anchor SENDfriendly Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to a DBS enhanced check. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the populations of London.